I don’t know about you, but the heat and humidity are making me crave crisp fall weather and the delicious apples that come with it! I had drafted a blog post focused on building margin into our daily schedules, but I think I’ll save that for another time. Sharing a favorite family summer recipe seemed more appropriate (and fun)!
I was introduced to Snickers Apple Salad at a family reunion years ago in Wisconsin. I FLIPPED for it and to this day it’s my favorite picnic potluck dish! Don’t be turned off by the “salad” in the recipe’s title – it’s more of a dessert. Trust me, you’ll be the hit of the party if you bring this along!
SNICKERS APPLE SALAD
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (can be halved too, if you find it too sweet!)
- 1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 6 Snickers candy bars (I like Snickers, so I always add more)
- 4 -6 combination of granny smith and red delicious apples
- A drizzle of caramel ice cream topping for pretty presentation (optional)
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until thoroughly blended. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Cut Snickers into bite size chunks and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Chop the apples into chunks and stir.
- Chill 1 hour before serving. (Don’t make this too far in advance or you will get a runny salad.)
- If you want, you can drizzle caramel ice cream topping on it right before serving!